Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12)

by Charlaine Harris


Summary:
It’s vampire politics as usual around the town of Bon Temps, but never before have they hit so close to Sookie’s heart…
Growing up with telepathic abilities, Sookie Stackhouse realized early on there were things she’d rather not know. And now that she’s an adult, she also realizes that some things she knows about, she’d rather not see—like Eric Northman feeding off another woman. A younger one.
  There’s a thing or two she’d like to say about that, but she has to keep quiet—Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric’s front yard—especially the body of the woman whose blood he just drank.
Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

Review:
One Word : Sorry Folks no one word can describe this book
  OK so Lot's of questions were answered in this book, all of those what abouts? and what ifs? were pretty much cleared up. And then you are left with new what abouts and what ifs. Sookie also makes one choice that some would say was huge and I would say was natural. She is put to a kind of test at the end of the book and she just simply makes the choice Sookie would make she doesn't even think about it as a choice. There were quite a few twists and turns in the book and one shocking revelation about a certain flamboyant fairy.
I really enjoyed the writing, and as usual with Charlaine's work couldn't put it down. But I must say in someways I was disappointed. In all of the Sookie books there are some pretty steamy love scenes that are never too raunchy but totally can get a girl worked up, this scene never happened and I waited for it through the whole book. Though I loved the book it just didn't feel like a Sookie book, it felt more like a Harper Connelly book (if you haven't read them you should) less blood, sex and action and more murder mystery.
She spends a total of ten minutes with Eric through the whole thing and those moments are none to happy.
Charlaine says she knows who Sookie will end up with at the end of the series and from what I see at the end of this book he might be more on the hot side than the cold (if you know what I mean). Charlaine has also said the next Sookie book will be her last, this breaks my heart because I have gotten to know Sookie throughout her adventures and will greatly miss the character. My only hope is that Charlaine let's Sookie go out with a little more Pizazz than this book held. I can tell that it's getting hard for her to write Sookie with the same enthusiasm that she used to put into this character and after twelve books I can understand why. I was very happy to see a appearance by Bubba my favorite vampire in all of the books he always brightens the scene up a bit but his part was sadly very short.
To sum it all up it was a great book, but didn't feel right in the series. I loved the writing and the mystery plot of the book, but missed the action and sexiness that a Sookie book should have. Well worth the read, and I can't wait for the next book, but hope that the next one gives Sookie the send off she deserves.


Pages: 336
Days to read: 4 1/2

Book Website:
http://www.charlaineharris.com/Deadlocked_2.html

Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Deadlocked-Sookie-Stackhouse-Book-12/dp/1937007448

Book Trailer:


Monkey's Given

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I found the link to your blog on book blogs and had to laugh because I just finished Deadlocked like 10 minutes ago!! Can't wait to do my review. I've followed you, and would love for you to do the same if you would. ~Leigh Ann http://flyingonsilverwings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog! It is layed out so great and I see that you just read the new Morganville book, I have it and can't wait to start it. I am following you now and can't wait to read all of your great reviews thanks so much for following me!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and following us! We are following you too =)
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow! I really apreciate it and can't wait to read all of your posts!

      Delete
  3. Hi thanks for following us @ rather barefoot than bookless!
    love your blog name!
    new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried about the name of the blog at first but people seem to really like it. I wanted people to think of the feeling they get right after an awesome meal. Thank you for following me. and I love the name of your blog as well.

      Delete

Let Me Know What You Think !